Back to Article List
Home Care Agencies Share Senior Halloween Tips
Oct 21, 2016 by Lulu Jensen
Halloween is one of the most interesting annual celebrations for many people. Whether your parent is a fan of Halloween festivities or prefers staying indoors on the scariest night of the year, home care agencies in Anchorage, can encourage them to take part in the fall celebration and have some fun.
Since Halloween is definitely one of the best days of the year for children, it can also be a great opportunity for your loved one to spend some quality time with their grandkids. Together, they can engage in various Halloween activities that are both child and senior-friendly.
Home care agencies in Jackson, TN, can help your loved one organize these activities. They can go to the store to purchase materials and provide assistance with home decoration.
Let’s take a look at some of the best, most refreshing Halloween ideas for seniors this year.
- Although most people can’t imagine Halloween without the traditional carved pumpkins, your parent might want to consider decorating and hand-painting pumpkins instead of carving them with a sharp knife.
- Apart from decorating pumpkins, seniors and their grandkids can use empty flowerpots instead of pumpkins. In addition to being an eco-friendly option, this leaves your parent with nicely decorated flowerpots that won’t go to waste a few days after the celebration.
- Scary decorations and costumes are an unavoidable part of every Halloween festivity. With the help from a professional care provider, your parent can decorate their home with Halloween-themed objects and pictures, including glowing skeletons, black cats, witches, and ghouls. As for the costume, some seniors enjoy wearing unique, complicated costumes while others prefer wearing just one or two accessories.
- When it comes to Halloween treats, it is important to keep in mind that they don’t have to be packed with calories and unhealthy ingredients. Home care agencies in Jackson, TN, can help your parent prepare healthy, delicious Halloween treats that everyone in the neighborhood can enjoy, regardless of the age. If your loved one wants to purchase Halloween candy, it’s a good idea to opt for sugar-free sweets.
- Even though Halloween is a joyous celebration, it can also come with some safety risks. For instance, teenagers and young adults can sometimes behave inappropriately on Halloween. This can scare some seniors, especially those who live alone. Additionally, burglars and other criminals may see Halloween as a perfect opportunity to vandalize other people’s property, break into houses, and steal vehicles. Home care agencies in Jackson, TN, can help your parent improve or maintain safety on Halloween. An expert care provider can offer to spend the night at your loved one’s house, open the door for trick-or-treaters, and pay attention to any signs of criminal activity in the neighborhood.
Comfort Keepers provides in home care and senior care services for the following communities in Alaska: Abbott Loop, Airport Heights, Anchorage, Bayshore, Bear Valley, Big Lake, Birchwood, Bootleggers Cove, Butte, Campbell Park, Chugiak,Eagle River, Eklutna Valley, Fairview, Geneva Woods, Girdwood, Glen Alps, Government Hill, Hatcher Pass, Hillside, Indian, Kincaid, Matanuska-Susinita Valley, Midtown, Muldoon, Northeast, Oceanview, Palmer, Potter Valley, Rabbit Creek, Rogers Park, Sand Lake, South Addition, South Fork, Spenard, Stuckagain, Sutton, Turnagain Arm, Turnagain, Wasilla, and Willow, AK